kimikaria eta zientzia-dibulgatzailea
The sun, apart from giving light and making possible the life of our planet, is constantly bombarding us with energetic particles: the solar wind. Solar particles, entering the high atmosphere, produce precious auroras, but may have other harmful effects:
- Solar storms affect the Earth's ionosphere and cause cuts in short-wave radio communications, ship and aircraft navigation systems and radar systems.
- Possibility of surges in long lines of electricity transport, causing service cuts and blackouts.
- It can damage microchips in satellites or cause electric discharges leaving satellites out of service. This can affect communications and TV satellites.
- The level of radiation can pose a risk to astronauts and crews of altitude planes.
- High energy particles affecting the high Earth atmosphere can damage the ozone layer.
Saioa hasi iruzkinak uzteko.